Friday, July 17, 2009

THING 7 - Google Tools

Google is usually frowned upon by librarians because it is often the ONLY search engine that people use regularly.  But Google tools are really extraordinary tools that are simple and functional.  Google Calendar is a really great way to stay organized and keep up with your friends and family's activities as well.

My other favorite Google tool is Google Earth.  Some former students showed me this tool years ago!  They had so much fun using the satellites to show me their homes.  It is a pretty amazing tool that still blows my mind at times!

1 comment:

  1. Kelly,
    I also liked Google Earth. It's amazing to some of our students to know this technology exists. Maybe just the little ones I taught. That's amazing, too- that they already usually know about it by the time they are in middle school.

    ReplyDelete