Monday, August 3, 2009

THING 23 - Summary

  1. My favorite discovery during this learning journey was Library Thing.  I was really impressed with the entire tool - from searches, to recommendations, to my favorites list.  I really just loved Library Thing and I know my students will also.
  2. One of my lifelong learning goals is to stay current with technology.  I am not tech-savvy (or at least I wasn't before this course)!  I really feel that I learned so much more about available library resources than I would have on my own.
  3. The biggest unexpected outcome from this program was that it's a LOT easier than I thought it was!  I am relieved to know that I am capable of mastering technology skills.  I feel like I am so much more confident and competent.
  4. I don't think that you need to change any elements of the program's format.  I really believe that it is very thorough and I think that adding to it would make it overwhelming.
  5. I would definitely participate in another discovery program like this in the future.  I think that it would be nice to break down some of the "23 Things" and really focus on a few in depth.  
  6. ONE SENTENCE: "23 Things" will provide a thorough technology experience that will be invaluable to a librarian and a school.



No comments:

Post a Comment